Author Topic: Ran The Accent With No Oil!!!  (Read 1639 times)

streetboy

• Car Fan
Ran The Accent With No Oil!!!
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
Oh Boy!!

I screwed up big time tonight.

I was changing the oil in my 2009 Accent, had the filter off, drain plug out and it has completely emptied...may just a few drips still coming out here and there.

I got distracted with something else and was in the cab of the car installing a device in the OBDII port which required me to start the engine. I did..and FORGOT I HAD NO OIL IN IT!!

The engine ran for about 60 seconds, maybe a little less, maybe a little more, when I suddenlyremembered! I turned it off immediately.

I then promptly soiled my pants.

Put a new filter on, filled it up with oil and it started and seems to be running fine. Of course I'm super tuned in to the slightest knock coming from the engine.

There was no load put on the engine, just stopped and ideling for that 60 seconds or so.

I know I screwed up, so if you can save the beating it would be appreciated.

From those who may have done something similar in the past, what are my chances that I've really effed up the engine??

Needless to say I'm rather feeling quite sick about it all.

The only other thing to add is the motor is well broken in with 151,000 km on it, had pretty clean oil in it as I just changed it 2500km ago (as the previous owner had very dirty oil in it).

Not sure I'm looking forward to your replies, but let's hear it if you've got some actual experience in this department.

Thanks!!

coolman

• Car Fan
Re: Ran The Accent With No Oil!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
really?? that`s amazing!!

racingfan

• Car Fan
Re: Ran The Accent With No Oil!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »
maybe we should try~~~~

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5