Author Topic: 2005 Infiniti G35 V6 Modification  (Read 1444 times)

kyoto

• Car Fan
2005 Infiniti G35 V6 Modification
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:42 AM »
Alright, so I'll very soon be receiving a 2005 Infiniti (Nissan) G35 RWD V6 that is completely stock. I want to soup it up by replacing the engine and transmission. I've seen some videos online about people putting LS1's and LS2's (which I believe are Corvette engines) into their G35s, and I was wondering if that is what I should use or not.

So firstly, what I'm looking for is any engine over 4 liters, a V8 with at least 24 valves, and between 350 and 500 horsepower to replace the stock V6 engine without requiring any or, at least very little, serious modifications to other parts of the car. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I'm looking for a compatible 5 or 6-speed automatic transmission. I don't know as much about these, but I need one that will be focused only towards acceleration and take-off, not top end speed, as I'll be driving in the city and wont be able to top out anyways. Also, I'd prefer that the torque stay just low enough that the car takes off without burning out, or have very little burn out, but still giving it the maximum power for the fastest take-off. It currently has a 5-speed transmission, and the car has a curb weight of 3,395 lbs (~1,540 kg).

Lastly, I realize that these modifications require other additional modifications to other components in the car, some are obvious, some not so much, and I'd like to know what other components in the vehicle will need to be replaced so that they do not fail under stress. And also, please let me know of any other non-necessary but preferred modifications, such as a K&N air filter, that would be useful in increasing performance.

Thank you all for taking time to read this, my greatest appreciation to you all :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5